Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pirates Earn Another Notch in the Win Column

Who is this team, what did they do with the fairly lackluster assembly that's shown up all season, and why didn't they show up sooner?

If the Bucs could have played this well all season, I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't have been such a fiasco of a year. Don't get me wrong, I love them regardless of their record, but it's really, really wonderful to be able to say that they're winning, and that they're doing it in a really amazing way.

Thanks in part to home runs from third baseman Pedro Alvarez and right fielder John Bowker, the Bucs claimed their fifth game in a row, their second over the Cardinals, in an 11-6 match that looked like it was going to be a rout until the 8th and 9th innings when the bullpen got a little shaky.

I'll take a win no matter how it comes.

And I'm pretty sure Charlie Morton feels the same way; I'm so glad to see him get the win, because I think this is definitely the kind of outing he needed to boost the confidence that's undoubtedly been shaky since his disastrous outings in the early part of the season and demotion to Triple-A Indianapolis.

Congratulations, boys. Three of the next four, and you've got yourselves a winning season.

At home, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment