Saturday, September 11, 2010

Welcome to the Blog!

Hello there all, and welcome to the new blog!

This is the new version of the recently started blog on LiveJournal, but I decided to make the jump to Blogger just because. Anyway, I've decided that it's time for me to put all of my thoughts and musings and rantings about the Pittsburgh Pirates in one place.

Don't get me wrong, those of you who know me personally know that I could never turn my back on my boys of summer, but there are so many different levels of thought going on in my brain regarding them that I think it's going to be an extremely cathartic experience blogging about them. Mostly, I just wanted to do what I do best, which is talk about something I'm passionate about. I might not be the most savvy person in the world about the inner workings of a baseball organization, and I don't claim to be. What I do claim to be is a fan who cares about the team, and who just likes talking about them.

What you'll find here is a collection of news blurbs, thoughts on individual games, reviews of Pirates-related books and television specials, and overarching musings regarding anything that pops into my head. I hope it'll keep you entertained, informed, and keep you thinking that it's really okay to be a Pirates fan, even when there have been eighteen straight years of frustrating mediocrity. After all, the current generation of Pirates fans have never seen (or at least, don't remember) what it's like to have a winning baseball team in Pittsburgh, but they're fans nonetheless.

Maybe we're also the generation who will see the rebirth of the franchise.

One can hope.

Thanks so much for being here, and I hope you enjoy what's here!

Lots of love,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment